I am really saddened that the e-course has come to an end. Through it, I have met a amazing community in the Facebook group. I feel I have had an amazing journey and Flora has inspired and supported us to use our inner belief (self). She believes that there is an artist in everyone just waiting to come out. How quickly the five, intense weeks have gone by.
Due to illness, my painting had to take a back seat and I have only now caught up on the last week's lesson. That week was about adding the finishing touches and details to our canvases and to still challenge the areas that require more work. It is time for us to Bloom and trust the process as to when to stop!
Here is canvas 1: still needs something, but I am not sure what?
Here is canvas 2: I am really excited by this canvas. It is finished. Hoorah!
Title: On gossamer wings
1) Overcoming the challenge of painting on a large canvas (which I have not done since my uni days).
2) Discovering my own personality (voice) in a canvas.
3) A new approach using abstract painting techniques.
4) Staying playful and being brave! (Being the student again, learning a new skill.)
5) Enjoyment in using my fingers and naturally enjoying the mark making and textures I can create. It makes me feel free within that moment of time.
6) This course has made me paint boldly and discover a colour palette which I wouldn't necessarily have chosen.
I would really like to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported me and left wonderful comments on my blog, and on the community Facebook link. I look forward to catching up with everyone's progress over this Half term.
I am still working on canvases 3 and 4 and will post about them as soon as I paint more layers and details.
Wishing you a great, healthy and artistic week.