Pages

Saturday 10 August 2013

Scavenger Hunt B

Hi Everyone

Welcome to the next installment of my Scavenger Hunt. Thank you for your comments about the last post, I really appreciate them.

I have decided today's theme is : A Historic Sandwich.



Sandwich is a historical town very close to where we live. It's history stretches back to when it was a port for Henry VIII and there is plenty of material for a Scavenger Hunt. Sandwich also has the best fish and chips in the area!


Number 16 - a Windmill. 

This is the White Windmill Heritage Center. Sandwich has two windmills and is very close to two off-shore wind farms, so I was spoilt for choice!



Number 3 - Civic Building. 

This lovely building is the Sandwich Guildhall (complete with bunting to commemorate the birth of Prince George).

In Sandwich there are some great place names; Buttermilk Lane; Knightrider Street; Short Street; the Butts, and there is also a sign post that points to both the village of Ham and the town of Sandwich. 

By far, my favourite is ...


Number 7 - A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny

This leads me nicely onto...


Number 18 - Your local pub/bar, coffee house or tea shop

The No Name Shop is one of our favourite places to pick up a sandwich and a cup of tea. Unfortunately, it was closed for refurbishment when I took this photo but I have heard it has reopened its doors. Yummy!

Will post again soon with more finds. 

Andy

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Doing some catching up on my blog reading now that my grading is done. I love these - I find the idea of a "historic sandwich" funny enough to begin with! Great windmill, too.
Off to check out your other finds.
Rinda