Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Sweet Challenge last Sunday!


Hi Everyone

It is finally half term and I can get creative once more. After a number of birthdays (including my Dads 70th!) and the usual paperwork marking are now out of the way, it's nice to have time to create, whether it is by drawing, painting or... Baking!


My wife and I raided our cook books to find something different. My wife decided on cheese and onion tear and share bread (courtesy of Paul Hollywood).


I have say it was yummy with Tomato soup

My contribution to the baking weekend - a favourite - Iced buns! Here is my first ever attempt (courtesy of Paul Hollywood). I will not admit to being the best baker in the world, they are a bit rough around the edges, but I am looking forward to trying one in front of the TV later with a cup of Tea. 



The Sketchbook Challenge theme this month is 'sweets' which not only satisfies my sweet tooth, but it has been a lot of fun to draw my own baked, not shop bought, buns. 

Here are a few of my sketches of the iced buns and a few creative ones too. The materials I used were a sketchbook, black sharpie pen, and colour drawing pencils (to blend colours). Enjoy!


Mmmm, what can I try next to bake?

I will be back soon with another arty painting post, or maybe details of an inspiring walk. We are lucky to have some warm sunshine today. 

I hope to catch up with my fellow bloggers this week. Missed seeing what everyone is creating. 

Enjoy your week, Andy



2 comments:

Miriam said...

Now those buns and bread look absolutely delicious, rough around the edges they most certainly are not.
So glad you have had time to paint and share on your blog.

alexa said...

Lovely to see how your life and creativity spill over into each other :). They all look delicious! Ink and delicate colour work is one of my most favourite things. I see a lot of cupcakes around so it is nice to be reminded of the joy of a warm and soft iced bun :).