Pages

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Spice of Life Challenge


Hi everyone

During the past week, I have been insanely busy at school and at home. It took quite some time for me to get over my recent throat problem. The pupils at school were really happy I lost my voice! However, in the midst of all this chaos, I have been able to find a moment of calm to take on this month’s Sketchbook Challenge, a Spice of Life.







I used watercolours, pens and a Sharpie pen to create these images. When I started to think about my favourite spices and commenced drawing them and playing around with colours and a layout, I didn't realise that I would end up creating a recipe - Mulled wine - my favourite at this time of the year. Delicious!

A lot of the drawing was done using continual lines once the warm watercolours were dry. I hope to continue this theme with a couple more drawings or collages before the end of the month.

Hope you like them?

And, I hope you are all having a good week.

Andy

2 comments:

alexa said...

I do indeed like them! Your cinnamon sticks just roll of the page. Cloves - ah! Love the colouring and the ink work ...

Maria Ontiveros said...

Andy,
I've been totally stymied by the "spice of life" prompt! I love what you've done. I may give it a go later today using some Mexican spices and chilis.
Rinda