Pages

Friday 31 August 2012

Inspired by Nature

Had a very busy week. It's back to school for me next Tuesday and I have had a lot of preparation to do, though my thoughts have never been very far from the exciting course I am taking with Alisa Burke, Ode to Nature.

We are already in week 3 of a 5 week course and the group are producing some extraordinary work. It's the first time I have taken an on-line course and I have met some wonderful artists who are a very supportive group.

This week's theme is Creating.Nature.Inspired.Art.

Here are some glimpses of my sketchbook and field journal. The course is really stretching me out of my usual style as Alisa presents ideas then lets us get on with it. 



This page was way out of my comfort zone. Pink feathers... but I really like how they turned out.

Next up, some doodled leaves that were fun to do. 


This is a close-up of a larger leaf that is posted in the group album.



These are sketches of the passion fruit flowers in my mother-in-law's garden. They are late blooming this year due to our very British weather. I have enjoyed being surrounded by nature and bird-song this Summer. It is so peaceful. I have even been joined by a rabbit and a couple of squirrels who look quizzically at me as I sketch.


As I sketched, a ladybird landed on one of the leaves and stayed just long enough for me to draw her.


Back now to the teacher's drawing board. I will hope to post later next week.

Bye for now, Andy

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Very nice! I enjoy hearing about your process and how this has pushed you out of your comfort zone. I think I'll skip the doodling suggestion, but I'm working on a few of Alisa's other ideas.
Rinda