Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2012

A Bird's Nest

Managed to find some time to draw today. I have been wanting to sketch this bird's nest for a while now and there seems no time like the present as it fits so well into the course I am taking, Ode to Nature


This nest was found by my niece in the garden and I kept it. I think it was a Wren's nest as it is quite small. It is so intricate; made using hairs, feathers, lichens, mosses and grass. I couldn't fathom how busy this little bird would have been putting it together.


Click on the images to enlarge them


For this sketch, I used a variety of pens, masking tape and watercolours. I hope you like it.

I am getting together some collections and will add them to the blog soon. Thanks for dropping in.

3 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

This is beautiful. I'm new to sketching, but really enjoy it. Great pen work and detail! I love the feather on th edge.
Rinda (from ode to nature class)

Unknown said...

What a nice warm nest, very nicely done. I noticed the feather on the edge of the nest, beautiful details! Inge, also from Ode to Nature :)

alexa said...

The detailing on here is just wonderful - even more interesting to look at than the original!